Welcome to Global Expo Botswana, 2017, promoting business investments…
SSACC is happy to be collaborating with Botswana Investment and Trade Center (BITC) in promoting the Global Expo 2017 which will be taking place in Gaborone Botswana October 31st to November 3rd 2017
BACKGROUND: Back in the year 2006, Global Expo Botswana formerly known as Botswana International Trade Fair (BITF) and later, Botswana Industrial & Agricultural Fair (BIAF) was conceptualized and launched by the Government of Botswana. The main idea of Botswana’s government behind organizing this trade show is to provide a business to business platform where the companies can attract foreign direct investors and expand their domestic investments. As an investment and trade center, this event promotes export of locally produced products and services like Agricultural Products, Textiles & Garments, Construction Materials, Automobiles, Electrical Goods & Appliances etc. Global Expo Botswana is gaining huge popularity because it promotes trading activities between Botswana and other countries.
Every year this exhibition is organized to encourage economic diversification and provide more opportunities to the professionals to make partnerships with domestic and international brands. By participating in this exhibition, one can expand their business networking and improve entrepreneurship and business skills. Since the inception, this exhibition has generated around 275.9 million Botswana Pula or BWP and improves the economic condition of the country. Investment forums and workshops are some of the most highlighted part of this exhibition.
Once again the organizers are providing investment opportunities to newcomers and already established companies to take part in the upcoming Global Expo Botswana, 2017. It will be held from 31st October to 3rd November 2017. at Botswana Conference & Exhibition Center, Mogoditshane Botswana Defence Force, Botswana. By participating in this exhibition, the organizations can invest on various sectors like Agriculture, Education, Energy, Financial & Business Services, Health, ICT, Manufacturing, Mining, Tourism and Transport & Logistics. The main objective of this three days trade show is to offer multiple opportunities to exhibitors and visitors to promote their business and intra-regional business exchange activities.
PROGRAM – Global Expo 2017 Investment Conference
The 2017 Global Expo will be officially opened by the Global Expo Investment Conference on the 31st of October 07.30 – 16.30 with KEYNOTE ADDRESS from The Vice President of the Republic of Botswana, His Honour, Mr. Mokgweetsi E.K Masisi and GUEST SPEAKER: Sir Richard Branson, Founder of Virgin Group
The Global Expo Investment Conference will cover the following 4 topics:
Topic 1: What paradigm shift is needed in order to position Botswana as a destination of choice for FDI?
Main Speaker: Mr. Cecile Fruman – Director, Trade and Competitiveness Global Practice, World Bank
- Abhineet Kaul – Director, Consulting; Public Sector & Government Practice, Frost & Sullivan, Singapore
- His Excellency Dr. Arkebe Oqubay, Senior Advisor to the Prime Minister of Ethiopia
- Professor Mthuli Ncube, Managing Director, Quantum Global Research Lab, Switzerland
- Bashi Gaetsaloe – Managing Director; Botswana Development Corporation (BDC)
Topic 2: How can the textiles sector in Botswana be revamped in order to fully take advantage of the new AGOA initiative? – The cases of Lesotho & Mauritius
Main Speaker: Mr. Christoph Auhagen, Chief Brand Officer (CBO) of Hugo Boss
- Mr. Augustine Tantillo — President and CEO; National Council of Textile Organizations (NCTO), USA
- Seref Fayat – President, Turkish Clothing Manufacturers Association (to request Turkish Embassy in Gaborone for assistance)
- Jaswinder Bedi, Chairman, African Cotton & Textile Industry Federation (ACTIF) and Managing Director, Bedi Investments, Kenya
- Kelebone Leisanyane – Chief Executive Officer; LNDC, Lesotho
Topic 3: How can Botswana entrepreneurs be motivated to consider venturing into primary agricultural production for sustainable food security?
Main Speaker: Mr. Amit Dagan – General Manager, Hishtil, Israel; Hishtil is a global nursery corporation which specializes in the production and sales of vegetables, herbs, seedlings and young plants
- Rotimi Williams- 35 year-old Nigerian rice farmer and owner of Kereksuk Rice Farm, the second largest commercial rice farm in Nigeria by land size at 45, 000 hectares.
- Nakku Justine – 25-year-old owner of multi-million dollar farm in Kenya producing dairy, cabbage, cereals, carrots and poultry.
- Mmadima Nyathi – Director of NAAMPAD, Ministry of Agriculture
- Matlhobole K. Phokedi – Acting Director of Crop Production, MOA
- S. Ngwako – HOD, Dept. of Crop Science & Production, BUAN
Topic 4: How can local capital markets (with emphasis on local pension funds) be harnessed to improve domestic investment in Botswana?
Main Speaker: Mr. Daniel Matjila – CEO, Public Investment Corporation (PIC, RSA)
- Boitumelo Molefhe – CEO; Botswana Public Officers Pension Fund (BPOPF)
- Gosego January – CEO; Debswana Pension Fund
- Thapelo Tsheole – CEO, Botswana Stock Exchange (BSE)
- Mr Bakang Seretse – Managing Director, Kgori Capital
- Mr Paul Masie – Managing Director, Alexander Forbes Botswana
Closing of conference with Q&A Session 16.30
November 1st – 3rd you will be able to visit the exhibitors at the Expo as well as have planned B2B’s organized BITC & SSACC
INTERESTED IN EXHIBITING –> HERE
INTERESTED IN ATTENDING THE CONFERENCE CONTACT –> email@example.com